Excel Named Range
How to define name for the range?
• Select the relevant range.
• In the Name Box, enter the unique name of the selected range. Do not use any illegal special characters, e.g. spaces, $, @, #,! or arithmetic operators (+, -, /, *, ^), comparison (<> =) and the text operator (&).
• Accept by pressing the Enter key.
Instead of the Name box you can click Formulas card then Define Name, set up: the name, scope, comment and refers to. In addition, the defined name cannot only refer to a cell or range of cells, but it also contains a formula or a specific value or text.
Create multiple names from the selection
• Select a range of data which contains multiple columns or rows with the labels at the beginning or the end.
• Click Formulas card then Create form Selection or shortcuts[Ctr] + [Shift] + [F3].
• Select options based on what you want to name.
• Click Formulas card then Name Manager [Ctrl] + [F3].
• Create another new name, edit existing name, delete it, filter it and sort it
Insert the defined name into the formula
Simple click [F3] to obtain a list of created names and select the relevant one or start typing existing name and select the relevant one.